20 Best Positive Quotes About Change With Images
Change is scary for many people. But change is inevitable. Change happens.
Learning to get comfortable with change makes life a lot easier. It relieves stress and reduces anxiety.
Embracing change opens doors of opportunity as it makes you able to choose to change.
Here are some positive quotes about change (and a poem about change that I wrote when I was working on my Counseling Master's Degree) to uplift, inspire, and encourage you.
What's in This Post
|Change is Good Quotes|
|Change is Scary Quotes|
|Don't Let Fear Hold You Back from Change Quotes|
|Embrace Change Quotes|
|Change is Necessary Quotes|
|Benefits of Change Quotes|
|My Poem About Change: "Change Is"|
|Books and Recordings to Help You Deal With Change|
Change is Good Quotes
1. "We cannot become what we want by remaining what we are." -- Max Depree
2. "If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living." -- Gail Sheehy
3. "To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly." -- Henri Bergson
4. "Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change." -- Jim Rohn
Change is Scary Quotes
If change scares you, stresses you out, or causes you anxiety, you aren't alone. It is a common feeling. But you can learn to get more comfortable with change.
5. "Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts." -- Arnold Bennett
6. "Change is disruptive—that's the point." -- Karen Bredfeldt
7. “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” -- Anais Nin
8. "Growth means change and change involves risks, stepping from the known to the unknown." -- George Shinn
Don't Let Fear Hold You Back from Change Quotes
9. "Change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing." -- Mandy Hale
10. “Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change.” -- Brené Brown
11. "Life will only change when you become more committed to your dreams than you are to your comfort zone." — Billy Cox
For more about comfort zones and how to stretch yours, check out my post: How to Step Out of Your Comfort Zone.
Embrace Change Quotes
12. "Don't fear change─embrace it." -- Anthony J. D'Angelo
13. "Fear stagnation; embrace change." -- Debasish Mridha
14. "The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance." -- Alan Watts
15. "You can live your dreams if you can embrace change. It's by taking chances that you'll learn how to be brave." -- Nikita Koloff
16. "Embrace change. True success can be defined by your ability to adapt to changing circumstances." -- Connie Sky
Change is Necessary Quotes
17. "Change is inevitable in life. You can either resist it and potentially get run over by it, or you can choose to cooperate with it, adapt to it, and learn how to benefit from it. When you embrace change you will begin to see it as an opportunity for growth." -- Jack Canfield
18. "It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change." -- Charles Darwin
19. “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”― Maya Angelou
Benefits of Change Quotes
20. "Change brings opportunity." -- Nido Qubein
21. "Sometimes in the waves of change we find our true direction." -- Anonymous
My Poem About Change: "Change Is"
When I was working on my Masters' Degree in Counseling, I took a class on change. It makes sense to include the topic of change during counselor training because most of the people counselors work with are going through transitions of one sort or another.
I took the class near the end of my degree. It was during a time when I was going through a tremendous amount of change in my own life. In one year, I finished my degree, empty nested, divorced, moved, and started my counseling private practice.
Change encompasses many paradoxes. It isn't all the same. Sometimes we choose change. Sometimes it's thrust upon us.
By Ann Silvers
Change takes energy,
Change requires focus,
Happens without our knowing,
Change is moving forward,
In our interests,
Change is a clenched gut,
Blood coursing through veins,
A deer caught in the headlights,
Change is molasses in January,
A speeding bullet,
A blinking of an eye,
Change is exercise,
Reading a book,
Mending a heart,
Change is learning to walk,
Change is a red light,
Can’t go this way,
Take another route,
Change is a yellow light,
Decisions to make,
Change is a green light,
Time to move,
Books and Recordings to Help You Deal With Change
During decades of helping counseling clients deal with change, reduce anxiety, and increase stress resilience, I've learned a lot about what works and doesn't work. I've used that learning to create books and recordings to benefit people like you.
Here are links to more info about some of those books and hypnosis recordings:
- Ann Silvers