Characteristics and Traits of a Narcissist 0
Narcissists see themselves as high achieving, independent of whether or not they are high achieving. From their perspective, they are the most important person in the room. They are arrogant and angered by anyone that they perceive to not be catering to their spoken or unspoken “needs.”
Click Read More to learn
- Narcissist Definition
- Narcissist Symptoms and Characteristics
- Narcissism, Malignant Narcissism, and Sociopathy
- Narcissistic Wives, Girlfriends, Husbands, and Wives
Signs of a Controlling Woman 0
Abusive women can use their words, tone, and/or body language to manipulate and exert control over their partners in an instant, or over time by wearing them down or conditioning.
Click Read More to learn:
- What a Controlling Woman May Try to Control
- Controlling Behavior Patterns
- Characteristics of a Controlling Woman
Parental Alienation Hurts 0
In Parental Alienation (sometimes called Parent Alienation) one parent intentionally alienates their children from the other parent. It is emotionally abusive not only to the alienated parent--it is also abusive to the children.
What we are talking about here is different from normal estrangement that might occur between children and their parents because of expected stages of development or actual bad acts of the parents they are rejecting. It is a distortion of the intentions, attitudes and behaviors of the alienated parent.
Click the Read More button to find out:
- The Definition of Parental Alienation
- Parental Alienation: Syndrome or Not
- The 3 Alienating Messages
- When Does Parent Alienation Happen?
- Parental Alienation Example
Why do men abuse women? 0
Why do men verbally, physically, emotionally, financially, psychologically, sexually . . . abuse women who are their partners?
The overarching conscious or subconscious goals of partner abuse are to demean, control, or punish; but why does a particular man treat his partner that way?
Some people think that there is only one reason why a man abuses a woman. They blame it 100% on patriarchy. They think it is always and only about male privilege. But I think that there are many reasons why a particular man might abuse his wife or girlfriend. And I think that patriarchy has less and less to do with it.
Click to read
71 Answers to the Question: Why do Men Abuse Women?
- Ann Silvers
- Tags: partner abuse
How to Spot a Sociopathic Liar 9
Creating elaborate lies for their own gain with no care about who gets hurt is a hallmark of a sociopathic liar. Sociopaths are compulsive pathological liars.
Sociopaths lie without conscience.
That means that they can look you right in the eye and lie to you and not show the usual markers that would give them away.
Click Read More to find out:
- how to spot a sociopathic liar
- what is a sociopath and psychopath definition
- the characteristics of sociopathic lying
- why sociopaths lie
- and more
- Ann Silvers
- Tags: partner abuse
What is Gaslighting Emotional Abuse? 0
Gaslighting is a crazy-making form of emotional abuse.
Gaslighting occurs when someone intentionally twists your perception of reality for their own gain.
That gain may be to:
- win a fight,
- cover-up their actions,
- make you think something is true when it is not, or
- think something is false when it is true, or
- undermine your trust in yourself.
Click the "Read More" tab for:
- Gaslighting meaning.
- What is gaslighting?
- Forms of gaslighting.
- Gaslighting as emotional abuse.
- Gaslighting infographic.