10 Positive Quotes and Sayings About Success 0
You may be looking to improve yourself, your career or your life.
Here are 10 positive quotes and sayings to help point out some of what can contribute to your success, inspire you, and motivate you to achieve your goals.
1. Trying has gotten a bad image, but as this quote points out, there is no succeeding without trying.
I talk more about trying, and offer you an exercise for giving trying a try, in another blog post, Try is not a 4-letter word: Anti-Anxiety Tip #3
2. Ideas are great, but they don't accomplish anything without being converted into action.
Let your passion and inspiration spur you on to turn your ideas into creations whether it is creating a new widget or improving an existing one, a work of art, a different way of providing a service, or finding a way to change something about yourself or your life. . . wherever your desires and inspiration are leading you.
Thomas Edison Quote about success:
"The value of an idea lies in the using of it."
-- Thomas Edison
3. Award-winning and prolific singer-songwriter Carole King urges you to try even if you fail:
-- Carole King
4. Nora Roberts, the best selling author of over 200 novels, also encourages you to: go for what you want!
-- Nora Roberts
It takes a healthy level of self-esteem to put yourself out there, and putting yourself out there builds self-esteem.
In another blog post, I talk about What Self-Esteem Is and 5 Ways to Boost Your Self-Esteem.
5. This success-boosting quote comes from the world of sports. Lou Holtz has been a football player, coach, and analyst. He touts the importance of attitude:
6. Former First Lady, Michelle Obama, wife of the first African-American President of the United States, says that there are three basic building blocks of success.
-- Michelle Obama
7. Four-star General, Colin Powell, echoes the advice of Michelle Obama and adds that failure is a critical component of success.
-- Colin Powell
8. I think that Colin Powell's idea that mistakes are not only OK but actually necessary is a crucial insight that is a prerequisite for success. This is my take on that message.
Ironically, when I was entering the graphic for this quote onto my blog post, I realized that I wanted to make an adjustment to improve it and I discovered that I had made the mistake of not saving my work for this particular pic in the graphics software I was using. I only had the end result pic. I decided to start the process over and along the way I figured out how to do something with the software that I hadn't done before. :)
9. Fear of the unknown, of failure or success, of change, or of any number of things, can immobilize you, but breaking through that fear is necessary for you to experience success.
I talk more about the definition and meaning of comfort zones and how to get out of your comfort zone in my blog post: Stretch Your Comfort Zone and Take the Comfort Zone Challenge
10. And here's some inspiration for leaving your comfort zone so you can experience success.
For more help dealing with your fears, learning from your experiences and boosting your self-confidence, take a look at products I created from years of helping clients like you:
- Ann Silvers
10 Daily Positive Self-Confidence Affirmations 0
Positive affirmation statements can be used throughout your day to help you gain self-confidence and self-esteem. They can cheer you on through challenges big and small.
These Silver Lining Affirmations are super simple and intended to put a smile on your face and empower you when you think of them.
Even if you don't start out believing these self-affirming statements -- fake it until you can make it. The negative messages you've been telling yourself need to go!
Click "Read More" for 10 positive self-confidence affirmations to help you feel better and achieve more.
10 Calming Affirmations to Reduce Anxiety Naturally 0
Anxiety can sap your energy and distract your mind. It can get in the way of your health and happiness.
Positive affirmation statements can be used throughout your day to calm and relax your anxiety naturally, and cheer you on through challenges big and small.
Click to read 10 affirmations that can help reduce your anxiety and decrease your stress.
Daily Affirmations for Weight Loss 0
Positive affirmations can help inspire you and motivate you to reach your weight loss and fitness goals, especially when it's challenging to keep moving forward or pick yourself up from a setback.
Click "Read More" for 6 positive lifestyle affirmations that can increase your motivation to make diet and exercise choices that help you lose weight and keep it off. You can mix and match them to suit your goals and personality.
Portion Control Affirmations for Weight Loss and Healthy Living 0
Portion control is one of the challenges of leading a healthy lifestyle, losing weight and maintaining ideal weight, and optimizing your health and fitness.
Portion control can help you feel good, look good. At the same time, it can be difficult to achieve.
Positive affirmations can help inspire you and motivate you to reach your goals, especially when it's challenging to keep moving forward or pick yourself up from a set back.
Click "Read More" for 6 motivational affirmations to help you reach and maintain a healthy living lifestyle through portion control. You can mix and match them to suit your goals and personality.
Self-Esteem Definition and How to Get Self-Esteem 0
Self-esteem is about how you see yourself.
It has nothing to do with the mask you show to the world or how other people see you. It is an interior thing. It is how you feel about yourself.
Healthy self-esteem is “I am lovable” and “I am capable of handling myself in my environment.”
When you don't feel lovable or capable, it's hard to feel good about yourself and it's hard to have strong self-esteem.
Getting healthy self-esteem is an inside job.
Click to learn:
- The definition of self-esteem.
- What healthy self-esteem is.
- 5 ways to boost your self-esteem.