Natural Remedies for Insomnia 0
Sufficient sleep is necessary for physical and mental health, but it isn't always easy to attain. The CDC has declared insufficient sleep a public health epidemic.
Insomnia is debilitating, painful, troubling, and confusing.
I recently attended a really good class by Dr. Catherine Darley, ND about helping clients overcome insomnia naturally (1). In this post, I'll pass on some of the things that stood out to me from the class along with information about insomnia that I've learned from other sources over the years.
What's In This Post
In this article I'll cover:
- What is the Definition of Insomnia?
- What is Acute Insomnia and Chronic Insomnia?
- How Common Is Insomnia?
- What Happens When You Don't Sleep
- What is a Healthy Amount of Sleep?
- What Does Healthy Sleep Look Like?
- What is the Sleep Cycle?
- Insomnia Contributors
- Medications that Can Cause Insomnia
- 7 Natural Remedies for Insomnia
200 Word-of-the-Year Power Words for Your New Year Goals 0
Rather than creating new year resolutions, many people pick one or a few words that represent the value(s) behind their new year goals. These words become a check and motivator throughout the year.
Your power word(s) set your intention or theme of the year. (Of course, you aren't stuck with them. If you want to change mid-year you can do that too.)
I'll give you some questions to ask yourself to help you hone in on your desired new year goals, ideas on how to use your word-of-the-year, and a list of 200 word-of-the-year words to help you start brainstorming the possibilities.
30 Best Baba Ram Dass Quotes 0
Ram Dass (also known as Baba Ram Dass) was a psychologist, Harvard professor, and author who inspired many people by passing on his words of wisdom for a happy successful life. Here is a collection of my favorite Ram Dass inspirational quotes.
What’s In This Post
I’ve divided these Ram Dass quotes into several categories:
- Helping Each Other Quotes
- The Key to Listening Well Quote
- Be Here Now Quotes
- Being Enough Quotes
- Life (Including Suffering) Offers Learning Quotes
- Letting Go Quotes
- Humor and Joy Quotes
- Start Where You Are Quotes
- The Paradoxes of Life Quotes
- Ann Silvers
- Tags: happiness
How to Use Light Therapy for SAD, Winter Depression Treatment, and More 0
The shorter cloudier days of fall and winter bring a loss of energy and other symptoms of depression for over 10 million Americans. Light therapy has been used as an effective treatment for this physical and mental seasonal dip known as Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) or Winter Depression. Research is also showing that light therapy can help with other mental health issues.
What I Cover in This Post
In this post, I'll talk about:
- What is SAD?
- Seasonal Affective Disorder, SAD, Treatment
- What is Light Therapy or Phototherapy?
- Phototherapy for Depression and Other Mental Health Issues
- Light Therapy Research
- The Standardized Light Therapy Lamp
- How to Use a Light Therapy Lamp
- Who Should Not Use Light Therapy
Best Light Therapy Happy Lamps Reviews 0
Light therapy (AKA phototherapy) is a very effective way to counter seasonal depression, SAD, the winter blues, and many other mental health issues. It is so helpful for lifting mood during overcast weather and short daylight days that light therapy lamps are often called happy lamps.
Choosing a light therapy lamp can be overwhelming since there are many options out there. There are many different manufacturers of phototherapy lamps and many of them have multiple models.
I created this post to help you compare the pros and cons of different light therapy lamp models.
What I Cover in This Post
- What are Light Therapy Lamps and Boxes?
- The Original Light Therapy Lamp
- Considerations for Choosing a Light Therapy Lamp
- The Original Light Therapy Lamp Style Used in Studies Review
- LED Light Therapy Happy Lamps Reviews
What Are Adaptogens? How Do Adaptogens Help With Stress and Anxiety? 0
Adaptogens are a category of plants that help you adapt to all forms of stress: noise, physical exertion, chemical toxins, cold, exhaustion, psychological stress, and so on. They simultaneously help you feel less jittery and more energetic.
Adaptogens help you feel less anxious by moderating how your body deals with stress. They adapt and they help you adapt. They can serve as a general tonic that helps you feel better overall.
What's In This Article
- Botanicals Versus Individual Nutrients
- How do Adaptogens Work?
- What Are Adaptogens?
- Adaptogens Versus Stimulants
- Adaptogen Research
- Adaptogen Supplements