Natural Remedies for Insomnia 0
Sufficient sleep is necessary for physical and mental health, but it isn't always easy to attain. The CDC has declared insufficient sleep a public health epidemic.
Insomnia is debilitating, painful, troubling, and confusing.
I recently attended a really good class by Dr. Catherine Darley, ND about helping clients overcome insomnia naturally (1). In this post, I'll pass on some of the things that stood out to me from the class along with information about insomnia that I've learned from other sources over the years.
What's In This Post
In this article I'll cover:
- What is the Definition of Insomnia?
- What is Acute Insomnia and Chronic Insomnia?
- How Common Is Insomnia?
- What Happens When You Don't Sleep
- What is a Healthy Amount of Sleep?
- What Does Healthy Sleep Look Like?
- What is the Sleep Cycle?
- Insomnia Contributors
- Medications that Can Cause Insomnia
- 7 Natural Remedies for Insomnia
What Are Adaptogens? How Do Adaptogens Help With Stress and Anxiety? 0
Adaptogens are a category of plants that help you adapt to all forms of stress: noise, physical exertion, chemical toxins, cold, exhaustion, psychological stress, and so on. They simultaneously help you feel less jittery and more energetic.
Adaptogens help you feel less anxious by moderating how your body deals with stress. They adapt and they help you adapt. They can serve as a general tonic that helps you feel better overall.
What's In This Article
- Botanicals Versus Individual Nutrients
- How do Adaptogens Work?
- What Are Adaptogens?
- Adaptogens Versus Stimulants
- Adaptogen Research
- Adaptogen Supplements
The Four Elements for Treating Mental Health 0While investigating research into the mental health benefits of saunas, I came across an interesting article about using the Four Elements —Fire, Water, Earth, and Air—that are at the core of many traditional approaches to health and well-being around the globe, to think about possible natural interventions for mental health improvement . . .
Physical and Mental Health Benefits of Using a Sauna 0
The use of heat and sweat for health, well-being, and ceremony goes back thousands of years in many cultures across the globe. Recent research is putting scientific backing behind these traditional practices and the modern use of saunas for reducing stress and improving health and mood.
Click Read More for:
- Origins of the Word Sauna
- Different Types of Saunas
- What Are Saunas Good For?
- Physical Health Benefits of Using a Sauna
- Physical Health Benefits of Using a Sauna Research
- Detoxifying Health Benefits of Sweating
- Exercise versus Sauna Use
- Mental Health Benefits of Using a Sauna
- Mental Health Benefits of Using a Sauna Research
- Saunas and the Four Elements for Mental Health
- When to Avoid Saunas
- How Long to Sit in a Sauna
- Precautions When Using Saunas
20 Best Positive Quotes About Change 0
Change is scary for many people. But change is inevitable. Change happens.
Learning to get comfortable with change makes life a lot easier. It relieves stress and reduces anxiety.
Embracing change opens doors of opportunity as it makes you able to choose to change.
Here are some positive quotes about change (and a poem about change that I wrote when I was working on my Counseling Master's Degree) to uplift, inspire, and encourage you.
Click Read More for:
- Change is Good Quotes
- Change is Scary Quotes
- Don't Let Fear Hold You Back from Change Quotes
- Embrace Change Quotes
- Change is Necessary Quotes
- Benefits of Change Quotes
- My Poem About Change: "Change Is"