200 Word-of-the-Year Power Words for Your New Year Goals 0
Rather than creating new year resolutions, many people pick one or a few words that represent the value(s) behind their new year goals. These words become a check and motivator throughout the year.
Your power word(s) set your intention or theme of the year. (Of course, you aren't stuck with them. If you want to change mid-year you can do that too.)
I'll give you some questions to ask yourself to help you hone in on your desired new year goals, ideas on how to use your word-of-the-year, and a list of 200 word-of-the-year words to help you start brainstorming the possibilities.
30 Best Baba Ram Dass Quotes 0
Ram Dass (also known as Baba Ram Dass) was a psychologist, Harvard professor, and author who inspired many people by passing on his words of wisdom for a happy successful life. Here is a collection of my favorite Ram Dass inspirational quotes.
What’s In This Post
I’ve divided these Ram Dass quotes into several categories:
- Helping Each Other Quotes
- The Key to Listening Well Quote
- Be Here Now Quotes
- Being Enough Quotes
- Life (Including Suffering) Offers Learning Quotes
- Letting Go Quotes
- Humor and Joy Quotes
- Start Where You Are Quotes
- The Paradoxes of Life Quotes
- Ann Silvers
- Tags: happiness
How to Use Light Therapy for SAD, Winter Depression Treatment, and More 0
The shorter cloudier days of fall and winter bring a loss of energy and other symptoms of depression for over 10 million Americans. Light therapy has been used as an effective treatment for this physical and mental seasonal dip known as Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) or Winter Depression. Research is also showing that light therapy can help with other mental health issues.
What I Cover in This Post
In this post, I'll talk about:
- What is SAD?
- Seasonal Affective Disorder, SAD, Treatment
- What is Light Therapy or Phototherapy?
- Phototherapy for Depression and Other Mental Health Issues
- Light Therapy Research
- The Standardized Light Therapy Lamp
- How to Use a Light Therapy Lamp
- Who Should Not Use Light Therapy
Best Light Therapy Happy Lamps Reviews 0
Light therapy (AKA phototherapy) is a very effective way to counter seasonal depression, SAD, the winter blues, and many other mental health issues. It is so helpful for lifting mood during overcast weather and short daylight days that light therapy lamps are often called happy lamps.
Choosing a light therapy lamp can be overwhelming since there are many options out there. There are many different manufacturers of phototherapy lamps and many of them have multiple models.
I created this post to help you compare the pros and cons of different light therapy lamp models.
What I Cover in This Post
- What are Light Therapy Lamps and Boxes?
- The Original Light Therapy Lamp
- Considerations for Choosing a Light Therapy Lamp
- The Original Light Therapy Lamp Style Used in Studies Review
- LED Light Therapy Happy Lamps Reviews
The Four Elements for Treating Mental Health 0While investigating research into the mental health benefits of saunas, I came across an interesting article about using the Four Elements —Fire, Water, Earth, and Air—that are at the core of many traditional approaches to health and well-being around the globe, to think about possible natural interventions for mental health improvement . . .
Physical and Mental Health Benefits of Using a Sauna 0
The use of heat and sweat for health, well-being, and ceremony goes back thousands of years in many cultures across the globe. Recent research is putting scientific backing behind these traditional practices and the modern use of saunas for reducing stress and improving health and mood.
Click Read More for:
- Origins of the Word Sauna
- Different Types of Saunas
- What Are Saunas Good For?
- Physical Health Benefits of Using a Sauna
- Physical Health Benefits of Using a Sauna Research
- Detoxifying Health Benefits of Sweating
- Exercise versus Sauna Use
- Mental Health Benefits of Using a Sauna
- Mental Health Benefits of Using a Sauna Research
- Saunas and the Four Elements for Mental Health
- When to Avoid Saunas
- How Long to Sit in a Sauna
- Precautions When Using Saunas