30 Positive Affirmations to Get Through Coronavirus Anxiety and Other Tough Times
Affirmations can lift you up, encourage you, and strengthen you to get through tough times including this Coronavirus challenge.
I've listed over 30 possible affirmations. Mix them together or change them to what works for you. Experiment with some for a while and alter them if you think something might work better for you.
Affirmations usually start with "I", but for some affirmations, you can change “I” to “We” if it fits and helps.
Say affirmations to yourself or out loud throughout your day. Write or type them out and put them in places that will remind you to say and think them. (ie your pocket, mirror, fridge door, in your phone . . .).
I'd love to know which ones are your favorites, or other affirmations that you are finding helpful. Scroll down to the comments section and let us know.
1. This is tough, but so am I. (This is tough, but so are we.)
2. This is tough, but I am tougher. (This is tough, but we are tougher.)
3. This sucks, but I’ll get through it. (This sucks, but we’ll get thru it.)
4. I can do this. (We can do this.)
5. I can get through this. (We can get through this.)
6. I strive to change the things that I can change & accept the things that I cannot change.
7. This too shall pass.
8. I’m OK.
9. I will be OK.
10. I don’t know how yet, but it will be OK.
11. I’ll learn from this. I don’t know what yet, but I’ll learn from this.
12. Challenges strengthen me. (Challenges strengthen us.)
13. I am not alone.
14. I find something good in every day.
15. I breathe in relaxation & breathe out tension.
16. There must be a silver lining, even if I don’t see it yet.
17. Relax. Breathe. Repeat.
18. I am stronger than this challenge.
19. This is scary but I can do it.
20. This challenge is an opportunity for growth.
21. I act with courage while I feel fear. I am strong & mighty.
22. This is making me stronger even if I feel weak right now.
23. I am stronger than I thought.
24. Courage is built by getting thru scary stuff.
25. I can survive this storm. (We can survive this storm.)
26. I can adapt to change and challenge.
27. Each day, I grow in confidence in my ability to deal with challenging situations in relaxed, calm & clearheaded ways.
28. Life has pain. That’s OK.
29. Be brave.
30. This is building my character and strength.
31. Generations before me have gotten through worse.
32. Keep calm and carry on.
34. Diamonds are created by pressure and heat. I’m being transformed into a diamond!
- Ann Silvers