30 Positive Affirmations to Get Through Coronavirus Anxiety and Other Tough Times
You aren't alone if you are feeling anxiety because of the COVID 19 situation.
Affirmations can lift you up, encourage you, and strengthen you to get through tough times including this COVID challenge.
"Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day." — Dalai Lama
I've listed over 30 possible affirmations. Mix them together or change them to what works for you. Experiment with some for a while and alter them if you think something might work better for you.
What are Affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements of how you want things to be or how you want yourself to be. They don't have to be absolutely true when you say them. You can grow into them.
Affirmations usually start with "I", but for some affirmations, you can change “I” to “We” if it fits and helps.
How to Use Affirmations
Say affirmations to yourself or out loud throughout your day.
You can also save them on your phone, or write or type them out and put them in places that will remind you to say and think them. (ie your pocket, mirror, fridge door, in your phone . . .).
I'd love to know which ones are your favorites, or other affirmations that you are finding helpful. Scroll down to the comments section and let us know.
|For encouraging quotes to lift you up, check out this post: 100 Inspiring Quotes to Get Thru Corona-Stress and Other Difficult Times|
Positive Affirmations for Tough Times
1. This is tough, but so am I. (This is tough, but so are we.)
2. This is tough, but I am tougher. (This is tough, but we are tougher.)
3. This sucks, but I’ll get through it. (This sucks, but we’ll get thru it.)
4. I can do this. (We can do this.)
5. I can get through this. (We can get through this.)
6. I strive to change the things that I can change & accept the things that I cannot change.
7. This too shall pass.
8. I’m OK.
9. I will be OK.
10. I don’t know how yet, but it will be OK.
11. I’ll learn from this. I don’t know what yet, but I’ll learn from this.
12. Challenges strengthen me. (Challenges strengthen us.)
13. I am not alone.
14. I find something good in every day. (Some days it's harder to see, but I find something.)
15. There must be a silver lining, even if I don’t see it yet.
16. I am stronger than this challenge.
17. Relax. Breathe. Repeat.
18. I breathe in relaxation & breathe out tension.
19. This is scary but I can do it.
20. This challenge is an opportunity for growth.
21. I act with courage while I feel fear. I am strong & mighty.
22. This is making me stronger even if I feel weak right now.
23. I am stronger than I thought.
24. Courage is built by getting thru scary stuff.
25. I can survive this storm. (We can survive this storm.)
26. I can adapt to change and challenge.
27. Each day, I grow in confidence in my ability to deal with challenging situations in relaxed, calm & clearheaded ways.
28. Life has pain. That’s OK.
29. Be brave.
30. Diamonds are created by pressure and heat. I’m being transformed into a diamond!
31. Generations before me have gotten through worse.
32. Keep calm and carry on.
34. This is building my character and strength.
Through a lifetime of dealing with my own anxiety, and decades of helping clients reduce their anxiety and increase their stress-resilience, I've learned a lot about what helps and doesn't help. I put that learning into books and recordings so that more people (like yourself) can experience less stress and more happiness.
Becoming Calm: Silver Lining Reduce Anxiety and Increase Stress Resilience Workbook and JournalBecoming Calm Anxiety Workbook and Journal includes:
Eye-opening explanation of emotions, including anxiety, panic, nervousness, and worry
Guidance on how to catch overreactions, and stop anxiety from turning into anger
Journal writing prompts for processing old and new sources of anxiety
5 relaxation skills and 5 quick grounding reset techniques
Worksheets for challenging cognitive distortions , stopping anxious thoughts, and building an anxiety-reducing mindset
Stress resilience lifestyle tips
Amazon 5-Star Review
As someone who struggles with severe anxiety, this workbook was a God send. It teaches you things you never knew about anxiety and then makes you dig deep by having you write about your experiences and what you’ve learned about them. I’ve had so many “ah-ha” moments while working on this book. It breaks things down for you and gives you tips on how you can help yourself get better. I can’t recommend this workbook enough!!"
Feed Your Calm: Anti-Anxiety Anti-Stress Diet and Supplement Tips for Stress Resilience
In Feed Your Calm, you'll learn:
- What's happening in your body as you try to deal with stress
- How specific vitamins, minerals, fats, proteins, probiotics, and herbs help you deal with stress
- 5 types of foods that add to your stress and hurt your ability to be calm
- 12 anti-anxiety foods for stress resilience
- 10 anti-anxiety supplements for stress resilience
"Anxiety is at epidemic levels today. In Feed Your Calm, Ann Silvers gives readers an approachable antidote to this epidemic."
--Dr. Megan DeBell, MD
- Tags: affirmations anxiety depression stress
- Ann Silvers