10 Positive Quotes and Sayings About Success
Having success doesn't have to be building a financial empire. It could be exercising or eating one more vegetable today, finishing a step in a project, getting a position that moves you closer to your dream job, having another day sober, letting go of something from your past that kept you stuck, . . .
Here are 10 positive quotes and sayings to help point out some of what can contribute to your success, inspire you, and motivate you to achieve your goals.
1. Trying has gotten a bad image, but as this quote points out, there is no succeeding without trying.
I talk more about trying, and offer you an exercise for giving trying a try, in another blog post, Try is not a 4-letter word: Anti-Anxiety Tip #3
2. Fear of the unknown, of failure or success, of change, or of any number of things, can immobilize you, but breaking through that fear is necessary for you to experience success.
3. Here's some inspiration for leaving your comfort zone so you can experience success.
I talk more about the definition and meaning of comfort zones and how to get out of your comfort zone in my blog post: Stretch Your Comfort Zone and Take the Comfort Zone Challenge
4. Ideas are great, but they don't accomplish anything without being converted into action.
Let your passion and inspiration spur you on to turn your ideas into creations whether it is creating a new widget or improving an existing one, a work of art, a different way of providing a service, or finding a way to change something about yourself or your life. . . wherever your desires and inspiration are leading you.
Thomas Edison Quote about success:
"The value of an idea lies in the using of it."
-- Thomas Edison
5. Award-winning and prolific singer-songwriter Carole King urges you to try even if you fail:
-- Carole King
6. Nora Roberts, the best selling author of over 200 novels, also encourages you to: go for what you want!
-- Nora Roberts
It takes a healthy level of self-esteem to put yourself out there, and putting yourself out there builds self-esteem.
In another blog post, I talk about What Self-Esteem Is and 5 Ways to Boost Your Self-Esteem.
7. This success-boosting quote comes from the world of sports. Lou Holtz has been a football player, coach, and analyst. He touts the importance of attitude:
8. Former First Lady, Michelle Obama, wife of the first African-American President of the United States, says that there are three basic building blocks of success.
-- Michelle Obama
9. Four-star General, Colin Powell, echoes the advice of Michelle Obama and adds that failure is a critical component of success.
-- Colin Powell
10. I think that Colin Powell's idea that mistakes are not only OK but actually necessary is a crucial insight that is a prerequisite for success. This is my take on that message.
Ironically, when I was entering the graphic for this quote onto my blog post, I realized that I wanted to make an adjustment to improve it and I discovered that I had made the mistake of not saving my work for this particular pic in the graphics software I was using. I only had the end result pic. I decided to start the process over and along the way I figured out how to do something with the software that I hadn't done before. :)
For more help dealing with your fears, learning from your experiences and boosting your self-confidence, take a look at products I created from years of helping clients like you:
- Ann Silvers