Mental Health and Partner Abuse Resources for Men
There aren't a lot of online mental health and partner abuse resources that are geared to men, so I'm putting together a resource list.
I'll be adding to the list as I find more resources.
[Disclaimer: I am not responsible for advice you receive from any of these resources.]
Men's Mental Health
Real Men Feel podcast with Andy Grant
- Real Men Feel was founded by author, speaker, and coach, Andy Grant, in an effort to offer more personal growth events and opportunities for men.
MenAlive Blog by Jed Diamond, PhD
- Though focused on men’s health, MenAlive is also for women who care about the health of the men in their lives. Jed's passion in life is to support men, and the women who love them, in eliminating the stresses that undermine their health and wreck relationships.
Equality for Men and Boys
- Seattle-based blog supporting empathy and equality for boys and men
Help For Men Who Are Being Abused by a Partner
Organizations Working to improve laws
Working to reform domestic violence laws and policies to be more gender-inclusive
Hotlines and support focused on helping men who are the targets of abuse by a partner
- UK: 01823 334244 – ManKind Initiative
- Ireland: 01-5543811 – Men's Aid Ireland
- Australia: One in Three Campaign offers a number of crisis hotlines.
Resources for gay men
Generic DV hotlines
- U.S. and Canada: 1-800-799-7233 – The National Domestic Violence Hotline (These resources have historically focused on helping women who are being abused and may be less male-friendly than organizations that are focused on helping men who are the targets of abuse by a partner.)
- Ann Silvers