20 Best Famous Dr Seuss Quotes with Graphics
I loved reading Dr. Seuss books to my kids. The way he presented simple uplifting ideas with rhythm and rhyme made them so much fun. Now, I find that I am inspired and energized by many of those same sentences and also by other quotes from the author. Here's my collection of the 20 best famous Dr. Seuss quotes.
What's in This Post
|Who is Dr. Seuss?|
|Dr. Seuss Quotes about Your Uniqueness|
|Dr. Seuss Quote about Stretching Yourself|
|Dr. Seuss Quote about Using Your Thoughts for Good|
|Encouraging Dr. Seuss Quotes|
|Funny Dr. Seuss Quotes and Dr. Seuss Quotes about Funny|
|Dr. Seuss on How You Need to Look In Order to See|
|Dr. Seuss on Writing|
Throughout the post, I also include information about self-help books and products that I've created while working with people like you over decades of counseling private practice.
Who is Dr. Seuss?
First, a little bit of trivia about Dr. Seuss.
Dr. Seuss' real name is Theodor Seuss Geisel.
He wrote and illustrated his most famous children's books, like Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham, Horton Hear's a Who, and The Grinch Stole Christmas in the 1950's and 60's.
Dr. Seuss Quotes about Your Uniqueness
1. “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” - Dr. Seuss
2. “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”-- Dr. Seuss
Dr. Seuss Quote about Stretching Yourself
3.“If you want to catch beasts you don’t see every day, You have to go places quite out of the way, You have to go places no others can get to. You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too." -- Dr. Seuss
(I talk about stretching yourself in my blog post: Stretch Your Comfort Zone and Take the Comfort Zone Challenge )
Dr. Seuss Quote about Using Your Thoughts for Good
4. When I'm working with people with anxiety, it's really important for them to learn to stop awfulizing or catastrophizing: dwelling on worse-than-worse-case scenarios. (I talk about it more in these posts: The Catastrophizing and Anxiety Connection, 4 Step Thought Blocking or Thought Stopping Technique ). I appreciate this Dr. Seuss quote for how it encourages you to choose what you think about. It could possibly help you pull out of negative thoughts. It can also help you use your imagination for creative problem-solving.
“Think! You can think any Think that you wish!”-- Dr. Seuss
Encouraging Dr. Seuss Quotes
5.“Kid, you’ll move mountains! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So get on your way!” -- Dr. Seuss
6.“When something bad happens you have three choices. You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.” -- Dr. Seuss
7.“It’s not about what it is, it’s about what it can become.” -- Dr. Seuss
Funny Dr. Seuss Quotes and Dr. Seuss Quotes about Funny
8. "You’re in pretty good shape for the shape you are in." -- Dr. Seuss
9. “I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.” -- Dr. Seuss
10. “From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.” -- Dr. Seuss, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish book. (For some silly fun, I put 5 happy faces in this pic. Can you find them?)
11. “Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living. It’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do. And that enables you to laugh at life’s realities.” -- Dr. Seuss
12. “I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny.” -- Dr. Seuss
Dr. Seuss on How You Need to Look In Order to See
13. “If you keep your eyes open enough, oh, the stuff you will learn. Oh, the most wonderful stuff.” -- Dr. Seuss in “Oh, the Places You’ll Go!"
14. "You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut." -- Dr. Seuss
15. “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” -- Dr. Seuss
16. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” -- Dr. Seuss
17. “It’s a troublesome world. All the people who are in it are troubled with troubles almost every minute. You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you’re lucky you’re not.” -- Dr. Seuss
18. "Everything stinks 'till it’s finished." -- Dr. Seuss
Dr. Seuss on Writing
19. "The main problem with writing in verse is, if your fourth line doesn't come out right, you've got to throw four lines away and figure out a whole new way to attack the problem. So the mortality rate is terrific." -- Dr. Seuss
20. I particularly like this quote from Dr. Seuss because I strive to write books and create materials that get to the heart of topics quickly and make concepts easy to grasp and put into action. That's why I created my "A quick look at" series of self-help books.
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.” -- Dr. Seuss
- Ann Silvers